Slovak Business Agency (till 28/2/2014 the National Agency for Development of SMEs) is crucial, and is the oldest specialized non-profit organization for the support of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Slovak Business Agency was founded in 1993 by a common initiative of the EU and the Government of the Slovak Republic. It is the unique platform of public and private sectors.
The founding members include:
- Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic,
- Entrepreneurs Association of Slovakia,
- Slovak Association of Crafts.
- Support for SMEs at the national, regional and local level.
- Complex support of SMEs in compliance with the Small Business Act’s (SBA) principles.
- To improve the competitiveness of SMEs within the single EU market as well as in the non- EU markets.
- To increase the survival rate of enterprises
- To increase the employment rate in private sector
- To increase the innovation performance of Slovak enterprises
- To stimulate entrepreneurship spirit
- To avoid marginalization of enterprises
- To increase the competitiveness of Slovak business environment and Slovak enterprises
SMEs in Slovakia
SMEs are the backbone of the Slovak economy:
Represent more than 99,9 % of Slovak business entities.
They are net job creators and emloy almost 75% of the active labour power.
They share in more than 50% of GDP and create added value.