Directorate General for Enterprise and Industry of the European Commission launched the first round of a competition European Enterprise Awards in 2006. In 2011, it was renamed into the European Enterprise Promotion Award. Slovak Business Agency (that time the National Agency for Development of Small and Medium Enterprises) became the same year an organizer of the national round of the project in Slovakia.
The European Enterprise Promotion Awards aim to recognise innovation and reward the success of public bodies and public-private partnerships in promoting enterprise and entrepreneurship at a national, regional and local level.
The aim of the competition is to highlight and award regional initiatives that support entrepreneurship at a regional level. It is designed for local and regional authorities, upper territorial units, private-public partnerships, educational institutions and companies from the European Union, and Norway.
The objectives of the Awards are to:
- identify and recognise successful activities and initiatives undertaken to promote enterprise and entrepreneurship;
- showcase and share examples of best entrepreneurship policies and practices;
- create a greater awareness of the role entrepreneurs play in society;
- encourage and inspire potential entrepreneurs.
The six award categories are:
- Promoting entrepreneurial spirit
- Investing in skills
- Improving the business environment
- Supporting the internationalisation of businesses
- NEW – Supporting the development of green markets and resource efficiency
- Responsible and inclusive entrepreneurship.
Competition consists of two rounds: national and final. A maximum of 2 participants from each country proceed into the final round. Jury will afterwards select the winners and their names will be announced at the ceremony.
02/ 502 44 513